Merton college was founded in 1264 and is one of the oldest colleges in Oxford. The T-shaped chapel dates from 1290 and is considered to be one of Oxford's finest. It was designed as a small-scale cathedral but the knave was never built, so the choir and the transcepts form a T-shape.
Capacity: 200 - 300
Facilities: No parking facilities, refreshments sometimes available in quad in summer, seating in the ante-chapel is at the back behind a carved screen from where the performers cannot been seen, disabled access.
Walking: approx. 10 mins
By car: approx. 5 mins
By bus: X90 from Gloucester Green Bus Station (bay 5) every 30 mins, stop Queens Lane (stop K5)